Thursday 20 December 2012

Now the hard work begins

As mentioned in a post yesterday, I had applied to the PMI to be accepted to take the Risk Management Professional certification.  Today I received confirmation that my application has been accepted and that I can now embark on the long journey of preparing for the exam.

I have read a few blog posts about the exam and it seems that I "should" be in a good position to take the exam, as I have only recently obtained the Project Management Professional qualification.  People have been saying that all the hard work in preparing for the PMP certification should put me in a good position to take the Risk Management exam.

I will now take it easy for a couple of weeks and enjoy the Christmas break, including a short holiday in the New Year, before commencing the planning phase of this adventure.

Come January, I will create a small plan to ensure that I study and prepare sufficiently for the exam.  I know that I will be reading the PMBoK guide Knowledge Area relating to Risk at least twice before the end of my vacation. 

In addition, my high level plan at this point is to study using a new book (that I will get from Father Christmas), called "Study Guide for the PMI Risk Management Professional Exam" by Abdulla J Alkuwaiti. 
I plan to purchase another exam preparation tool, which is the Self Test Software for the PMI-RMP.  In my previous life as a Lotus Notes Developer, I used these practice tests to study for the many IBM Certifications that I have previously passed and I believe that they are a good learning tool.

So that's it.  I am a happy man with the long road of another PMI exam ahead of me.  The last one was very tough and I am sure this will be no different.  Only the right amount of preparation will be sufficient.  I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment